| || Formulae 1 |
'Formulae 1' (F1) is a powerful and easy to use Computer Algebra System (CAS) designed specially for the teaching and exploration of mathematics. Unlike other CASs, F1 gives the user the ability to see the intermediate STEPS taken to solve any problem. Most other CAS's only present a final answer to the user.
Students are NOT interested in validating whether or not Textbook answers are correct. This is what most CASs can do. Students are interested in learning Mathematics and this is best accomplished with STEPS.
Partial Features of Formulae 1 Java:
- Supports Arithmetic, Polynomials, Algebra and Trigonometry.
- Fast automatic simplification of expressions containing symbols and functions.
- Stepwise simplification allowing intermediate Steps.
- Graphical display of expressions with support for special function drawings and the Greek Alphabet.
- 5 major operations: Factor, Expand, Simplify, Solve and Evaluate.
- Complete support for the following functions: sqrt, nroot, abs, log, ln, log of base, mixed notation, exponential notation, sin, cos, tan, factorial, percentage, dollars and cents.
- Dynamic function support allows developers to add new features without changing the basic algebraic engine. The engine detects and installs new modules automatically on demand.
- Simple API that facilitates embedding this technology into other products.
Currently Formulae 1 contains the following modules :
- Question Generation
- Animation Framework